American Soy Products is looking for someone who has a passion for excellent customer service, strong organizational skills, and a high-level attention to detail.
ASP specializes in co-packing a wide range of organic and conventional and medical food products into Tetra Pak Aseptic packages and has earned a reputation for producing high-quality products meeting FDA, USDA, Organic and Kosher standards. ASP is Safe Quality Foods (SQF) compliant with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards.
Job Description Summary:
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the administrative needs of the procurement team. This position will support supply chain strategies that ensure uninterrupted supply of items to meet operational needs of the organization.
The Purchasing Coordinator will act as American Soy Products procurement subject matter expert, while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with external and internal stakeholders all while modeling the company’s core-values. The incumbent must have good interpersonal skills and be able to facilitate stakeholder support work cross-functionally with Operations, Quality, Research and Development, Contract Manufacturing, Finance, external warehousing, Maintenance, IT, Finance, and third-party logistic partner.
Core Office Hours
8AM – 4PM (with Flexibility)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track orders daily, process and provide receiving documents to Accounts Payable.
- Keep compliance documents up to date for purchasing team. This includes active Supplier and Material certificates, necessary contracts, chemical documents, and vendor contacts.
- Assist in the request and completion of material releases from offsite storage facilities.
- Provide physical inventory counts, and balance inventory of offsite storage facilities.
- Assist in the reconciliation of invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Research any inventory discrepancies.
- Serve as a backup to the Buyer for MRO purchases.
- Performs other assignments and duties as requested
- College degree or experience is preferred
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and determine root cause
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High computer skills (Microsoft suite)
- Ability to perform and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Hard working, positive attitude, willing to learn, team player, dependable, good documentation skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability stand, walk, climb stairs when needed
- UMR Health Insurance (United Health Care)
- 401K Program
- Vacation & Sick Time
- Salaried Position
- $50K Starting